7.22.2010

Home, safe and sound

We made it home Wed 5 pm. All our flights were on time and the luggage was where is should be. It didn't even take long to get our luggage. We left Vietnam 11:30 PM, arrived in Seoul, South Korea at 5:30 am. That flight was a tough one. For some reason I could not sleep well. I was expecting to fall asleep quickly and wake up when we got there. I was in the middle seat of three so It was difficult to get comfortable. We took as nice comfy nap on the chairs in Seoul. Not too many people around that time of the morning. The bathrooms were so clean. They even had soap and paper towels in teh bathrooms. The little things that make a differance.

Our 13 1/2 hr flight from Seoul to Washington D.C. was much more comfortable. First of all it may have been because we were not expecting to sleep, but the turn down the lights and close the windows so it is easier to watch movies. We were in the last row of the middle section, and there were only 2 seats...freedom to move at our wish made a differance. We had drinks and snack one hr into the flight, followed by lunch. It was chicken, mashed potatoes, salad and chocolate chip cake. We had a snack at 5 pm and then drinks and dinner around 7 pm. Our last meal was cold noodles with lettuce, cabbage, mystery and spicey hot sauce to put on top....our last meal was truely Asian!! It was wild seeing the sun set about 3 pm, Vietnam time. We missed the sun rise when we were over the Rockies. Our last flight from Washington to Newark was my least favorite flight. There were only 35 people on this little plane, it was warm in the cabin and my air jet was stuck in a position that did not give me much air. We experienced a fair amount of air turbulance. We did get the see the Statue of Liberty as we were coming in. Actually Randy, Claire and Kallie only had to circle the parking area once before we were ready to be picked up at the curb. ...Pretty good!!!! We talked most of the way home and fussed over Kallie. I was anxious to see the 3 week old puppies.

We completed our 27 day journey in Vietnam....However, we did have some activities still on our "to do " list. We did not see the Cycle Cafe, we did not get a second motorbike ride, Allison did not get to see Sappa or Hoi An (city in middle of Vietnam) which resembles Europe. I should have picked up a few more souvenirs. It is hard to decide how many to bring back. We also did not get a traffic picture to our liking...maybe only the people experience it can get the full effect. Lastly, I am waiting till now to mention this becasue I did not our friends to worry. I noticed many fire extinguishers. Initially it made me feel comfortable in a place where safety standards are not similar to the US. The next day I realized there was no sprinkler system in our 6 sory hotel, only hand opperated fire extinguishers.

Thursday, I started cleaning the house the way I like it done. I also went to the grocery store. Poor Claire and Randy had bearly any food. I should cut them abreak. They were busy building a fence for the puppies and taking cared of them. They are really cut now!!! Give us a call if you would like to come and see than. Call any time!!

More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment