7.20.2010

Last Day

We enjoyed one final, lovely day in the bustling city of Hanoi. After lunch, mom and I took a motorbike to the Vietcom Tower. It was an even better mall than the one that we have close to the lake! There were 6 stories - whoa! We went up to the Movieplex Cinema on the 6th floor. Knight and Day, The Karate Kid, and Eclipse were playing. We ended up seeing Knight and Day for 70,000 dong ($3.50!). The price sure beats prices in the states! I really don't know how long it's been since I've actually seen a movie in the U.S. just because they're so darn expensive. The movie theater itself was similar to ours...there were two popcorn stands (one for sweet, one for salty) and a little coffee cafe. I was surprised that our seats were assigned in the theater; however, other than that, everything was normal. The movie was in English and there were Vietnamese subtitles at the bottom. All in all, it was a nice little cultural experience! We grabbed a bite to eat afterwards and then wandered back to the Old Quarter.

I'm hoping to get some pictures of the lake all lit up before we leave for the airport at 8:30. I also need to pick up some Hello Panda's to bring home. They're biscuits with chocolate inside and they are AMAZING. I can't imagine my life without them, so I'm hoping to find some at the Asian mart back in good old Exton, PA. Ok - that's a wrap! We'll do another post once we get home with a bunch of random pictures that haven't quite made it up on the blog. Thanks for following our adventures! :)

Goodbye, Vietnam.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back, Tammy & Ally!! Thanks for sharing your adventures with us!!

    ReplyDelete