7.08.2010

We're loving Friendship Village!











I have a feeling I'm not going to be ready to leave the kids by next Thursday. I started the morning out in the organic garden. We harvested some morning glory and then spent some time weeding in the greenhouse. I sweat so much while gardening - it's pretty sick. I drink about 1.5 liters during my 2-hour shift, haha. After that I spent some time in the clinic; however, it was pretty slow today (maybe because of the heat? who knows...it seems pretty unstructured...). Laura, another Australian girl, and I went to the Big C (mall/Target) during our lunch hour and were a little late getting back (got the wrong bus...oops! the Vietnamese guys got a kick out of it). I spent some time in the clinic and then hopped into the classrooms. I know I should prefer the clinic, but to be honest, I enjoyed the classrooms because you can just have fun with the kids. The teachers are pretty hands-off so we can do whatever we want. I'm gonna try to get a dance group going tomorrow afternoon :) Since working at Boces this spring, I've learned that you can make almost any activity therapeutic in the school setting. We had a great time!

BREAKING NEWS: IT'S RAINING! POURING! Thank goodness.

1 comment: